Date(s) - 29/03/2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Wee Retreat
1 DAY TRAINING
Module 1. Creative interventions within nursery and early education. Through play and anthroposophical art therapy. For a 3 week programme.
With influences of the Reggio Emilia approach and a firm grounding in Waldorf education, Apply Your Arts has created an integrated approach, engaging through creativity and nurturing play within early years learning.
Deepen their sense of wonder through creativity, exploring a whole new world of abilities, confidence and growth.
Who is this training aimed at?
Teaching and support staff, within nurseries and early education (P1 + P2 only).
What are the learning outcomes?
- Theoretical background to the Reggio Emilia approach and Waldorf education.
- Theories of creativity within child development.
- ‘From play to work’. Knowing the benefits of play within education with its impact on life choices.
- Understanding play in the sense of nurture, regulating emotions, using self initiative, creating safety, creating rhythm and exploring concepts.
- Understanding creativity through our senses.
- Understanding the qualities different methods of creativity offer each individual child and a group.
- Understanding and applying creative play within singing, baking, crafts, visual arts, gardening, drama, storytelling etc.
- Understanding a room and a space through the engagement of play.
- Co-creating solutions to barriers within play.
- Encouraging and nurturing creativity within the home learning environment.
- Leading art intervention sessions with a focus of exploring within a structure of rhythms.
- 6 accredited CPD points.
During the one day training participants will be invited to use and understand art intervention techniques, which supports the development of social and emotional skills. The participant will engage in the programme, through theory and practise.
Upon completing this training the participant will be able to use the 3 week programme on a regular basis and implement it in their workplace on a one to one or small group basis.
After the 1 day training, 1 follow up session will be arranged, ensuring the programme is implemented and running accordingly. Any issues can be discussed during this session. Where possible, the session will be face to face.
The training is accredited. Participants will receive a signed certificate of attendance.
Please note, the programme is only to be delivered by participants of this Apply Your Arts training – it is not be used to skill share. This is not a ‘train the trainer’ event.
This one day training will be run from 09:30 – 16:30 with an hour for lunch from 12:30 – 1:30.
£140 which includes £30 of specialist materials which will be used to deliver the 3 week programme, based on a one to one intervention.
- One day specialist training
- A booklet will be provided, detailing the techniques and structure of the 3 week programme
- £30 worth of specialist materials
- 1 coaching session