Apply Your Arts is offering a 3 hour cpd training in art intervention. The directive anthroposophical approach provides a skills set that can be taught to staff in education and community work, enabling children and young people to be supported when dealing with challenging behaviour. Limited spaces (a maximum of 15 partcicpants) are available to ensure a more tailored and intimate approach to the training.
Who is the training aimed at?
The training is aimed at professionals working within education or community settings i.e. teaching staff, support staff, youthworkers and social workers.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Creating an understanding of art interventions and their role in education.
- Basic theoretical background to the implementations of anthroposhopic art interventions.
- How to safely use art as an intervention. This will cover health and safety aspects as well as safeguarding general wellbeing.
- The learner will be taught art techniques and understand their qualities through theory and practice.
- The learner will be taught to observe a young person or child through different senses in order to identify their needs.
- The learner will be able to apply art as an intervention within several circumstances i.e.;Managing challenging behavior and through initial intervention when dealing with anxiety or bereavement prior to or whilst waiting for professional support.
- The learner will be asked to display their understanding and application of an art intervention through a relevant case study.
- The learner will leave with basic practical tools in art intervention to defuse a challenging situation and/ or manage challenging behavior.
What is included?
- All specialist materials are included
- Handouts include a step by step guide on the basic techniques
- CPD certificate upon completion
- Refreshments are included
3 Ross St, Glasgow G1 5AR
Price: £55 pp
Please contact us at email@example.com for our student discounts.
Please note, none of the art interventions taught are to be used as therapy. You will not become an art therapist through this training. This is a protected title within the UK.
Please contact us for information on our other cpd training, and training on location at firstname.lastname@example.org